Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Makeup Essentials Part 3

Okay I saved this one for last because I honestly couldn’t think of a way to accurately/truly describe how much I love this product. There really are no words that can fully explain it but I’m certainly going to try. I thought the best way to do this was to start with a story. I hope you enjoy it!

Even as a child, I was fascinated by makeup. Every year for Christmas my grappa would get me a new makeup kit filled with brightly colored eye shadows, new eyeliners, and assortments of lipsticks. But even though I have been exposed to makeup basically my entire life, I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t really figure it out until probably my sophomore year of high school. In middle school I learned a few things (like how to put eyeliner on your actual water line) but I didn’t fully catch on until much later. 

One of my best friends, Kate, seems to have always had it figured out. She was really the first person to teach me that drug store makeup isn’t always going to cut it. I don’t remember my first time at Sephora but I’m sure it was magical. I discovered that you could get foundation that actually matched your skin tone and eye shadows that stayed on for more than an hour. While I don’t really remember this magical experience, I do remember the first product that pulled me in: the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. Kate already had the first and second and I was in love with both. I especially could not get enough of this gorgeous gold color called Half-Baked that appeared in the first and second palette. So for my birthday Kate bought me this amazing shade and I was hooked.

Not long after, we went to Sephora together and I picked out my first “big girl” palette, the original Naked palette by Urban Decay, and not to be dramatic, but it changed my life.

-       Naked Palette by Urban Decay $54

I have probably owned hundreds of different kinds of eye shadow in my time and I can now tell you truthfully that the Naked Palettes are the only eye shadows you will ever need. There are three different ones: Naked 1, 2, and 3. I have the first and the third. (And I wish I had the second)

The Naked 1 palette has some gorgeous brown and gold neutrals and even has a nice black and gray. This palette has everything you need for your every day work/school or date night look. My favorites are the glitter ones but it also has some really gorgeous mattes and simple shimmers.

As you can probably see from the picture Sidecar is my absolute favorite. Its super sparkly yet it looks great for every day looks. I also love to use Sin and Virgin in the crease of my eye and right below my eyebrows to brighten up my eyes and face.

As you can see, this palette and I have been through everything together.  It comes everywhere with me because it never lets me down. I mean, look at Sidecar (4th one from the left). How could you not love that?!
The Naked 3 palette is incredible as well. (I think I almost like it more than the Naked 1!) I’ve loved it from the moment I saw it online and couldn’t wait for it to come out. I’ve never been a big pink eye shadow wearer but once I saw this palette I knew I would become one.

 I am absolutely in love with Buzz and Dust. Buzz is a darker pink that is filled with glitter and shimmer. It looks great with any outfit as it is basically still a neutral but it definitely jazzes up your look. Dust is what I imagine fairy dust would look like if it were real. This gorgeous light pink color is filled with big glitter pieces that catch the light at every angle. I feel like a fairy princess when I wear it. Plus if you don’t like excessive amounts of glitter it works great in your crease and right under your eyebrow.

The other 10 colors are equally as stunning and honestly I don’t even remember what my life was like without this palette.

I've been a little less rough on this one, but I'm sure it will look just like my Naked I palette eventually! If you can't read it in the picture, Dust is the 2nd one from the left and Buzz is the 5th. Aren't they amazing?
You can snatch these beauties up at any store that carries urban decay products such as Ulta or Sephora! 

Buy me here at Sephora.com

Well, we have finally reached the end of My Makeup Essentials and I think its been pretty successful.  Now I will divulge the total cost of the set. Drum roll, please. 

Total Mini Series Cost: $117.00
(This is assuming you buy one Naked palette and the full size Make Up Forever mascara)

Okay now I know this is pretty expensive but it is definitely worth it. In my opinion, you don’t need any more products then the 4 listed here. You can easily use it for your everyday work or school look or dress it up for a night on the town. Trust me, your face will thank you.

For those of you who stuck it out until the bitter end, thank you!! You really are lovely. I hope that this helped you and that you will share it with your friends and family.

xoxo Morgan Hannah

What did you think? Have something you really want me to talk about?
Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment